I started with a hand-me-down lampshade that I really liked the shape of.
Starting at the bottom, I hot glued the rope to the shade. I ended up using just over 100 feet of 1/4 inch sisal rope. The lampshade was on my kitchen counter for about a week while I found little moments to work on it.
Then I hot glued bead trim to the inside of the lampshade. (If you look closely you can see one of the twins sleeping in the background!)
The finished result is exactly what I hoped it would be...a little bit beachy, a little bit glamorous and an easy thrifty project to bring texture and interest to my living room .
Thanks for stopping by The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking. I would be thrilled if you will take a moment to "like" me on Facebook!