1. Our Dreadlocks. As some as you know, hubby and I dreaded our hair in the summer. And I am shocked by the number of readers who have been asking for an update on our hair. So I'm just going to bite the bullet and tell you that the dreadlocks, unfortunately, didn't last. My hair didn't want to stay dreaded and I was getting tired of constant maintenance. I just don't have that much time to devote to my hair right now. So I applied some conditioner a few times and the dreads came right out.
My husband's dreads locked up great and looked awesome. But for reasons I still don't understand, one day I woke up and he had cut his dreads off. And most of his beard!
2.This grain-free, sugar-free coffee cake. If you are gluten or grain free or have a friend who is that you really want to bless, make this cake.
3. This 52 Lists Project by Morrea Seal. She gives a topic each week and you write a list. I am a list maker by nature and always in need of a little inspiration when it comes to journalling and memory keeping so I am so on board with this idea.
4. I love this post: 200 Ways to Bless your Children with a Happy Childhood.
5. My Dishwasher broke, and we decided not to replace it. And you know what? I don't even miss it except that now there is a hole in my kitchen where the dishwasher used to be. We're thinking of putting little cubbies with baskets in it's place. In the mean time I've put my cute Raskog Trolley from Ikea there. I'm a sucker for turquoise. But you already knew that....
6. This smile. It melts my heart every single day.
7. I'm getting a craft room!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?) We've decluttered so much in the last year that I've been able to clear out what was a storage room in the basement and turn it into a sewing/crafty space. More on that coming soon!
8. "Become the kind of person who notices the good in others–and speaks it."- from How to Pay a Compliment at Modern Mrs. Darcy. This post really made me consider how to be more intentional with compliments instead of just blurting out awkward things like "nice, um....shirt, or something, you know..."
9. I seriously love my Bravado Nursing Tanks. That is all.
10. I wouldn't have thought that I was the type of person to take blurry pictures of a fortune cookie with my cellphone and post it on the Internet, but it was just too good not to share. It says "Man's mind is not a container to be filled but rather a fire to be kindled." That is pretty much my entire homeschool philosophy summed up in a fortune cookie.
(I looked it up, and it's actually a quote by Dorthea Brande.)
11.Lately I've been loving the blog A beautiful Mess. If there is a blog you are really enjoying lately (other than, you know, this one...ahem) please tell us about it in the comments so we can all check it out!
12. Starting this Friday I'm going to be doing a weekly series/feature thingy that I'm really excited about. So stay tuned, okay?
Thanks so much for visiting The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking. And Happy Valentine's Day to my lovely loyal readers. I love you guys!