Okay, so maybe there isn’t a full million uses for binder clips here, but a million sounded a lot better than 50-ish. I love binder clips, they are an organizational workhorse, a true multitasker! I keep a stash of colorful ones for organizing every room of the house. Here are (nearly) a million uses for binder clips around the home.
Creative Ways to Use Binder Clips at Home
Below are some of my favorite and out-of-the-box ideas on how you can use binder clips at your home for various tasks.
In the kitchen…
- Use as a chip clip to keep food packages closed.
- Or take it one step further and use them to hang the snacks on your pantry door!
- Place a wet sponge in a large binder clip so that it will dry well.
- Use them to hang your rubber gloves under the sink!
- Use them to keep garbage bags from slipping down into your trash can.
- Use them to close half-used bags of frozen veggies
- Use one to keep things from rolling around in your fridge (or anywhere you might have wire shelving….)
- Use a binder clip clipped to the side of a pot to hold a candy thermometer. (Oh how I wish I’d seen this one YEARS ago!)
- Use one as a recipe card holder.
In the dining room…
- Use to keep sets of cloth serviettes together.
- Use them as wine charms at your next soiree.
- Use as place card holders for a fun tablescape
- Use them to attach labels to the foods on a buffet.
In the Bathroom…
- Place a binder clip over the blade end of your disposable razor when traveling for safe packing.
- Use it to squeeze the last of the toothpaste from the tube.
- They can even help you clean the shower head!
In the closet…
- Use to hang neckties from an ordinary hanger
- Use to hang boots.
- Use to label cubbies in hanging closet organizers.
In the office…
- Keep hanging files from sliding too much.
- Use them to hang a calendar from command hooks.
- Clip one to a desk or nightstand to keep USB cables handy.
- Use it to add a pen holder to practically anything.
- Turn the cover of any binder into a clipboard
- Attach labels to baskets or bins
- Stick adhesive labels to the bottoms and use them to label shelves
- Use them to route cables out of sight.
- Use them to sort and organize paperwork, of course!
In your crafty space:
- Keep ribbon and notions rolled up and stored tidily.
- Use to hold fold-over binding in place while you sew.
- And in place of pins when sewing many layers of fabric together.
- Make a DIY yarn bowl.
- Use them to hang paints from a pegboard hook.
- Use binder clips to store gift bags and tissue papers.
- Put a clip on the ends of wrapping paper tubes to keep them from coming unrolled.
- Use them to hold items together while the glue dries.
- Use them in the making of some fabulous DIY recycled notebooks
In Your Purse…
- Clip coupons you plan to use to your grocery list.
- Use a binder clip to keep money in your wallet separate from other funds when necessary. I do this when my kids have birthday money that’s been given to them and I don’t want to accidentally spend it or when I have to remember to give money to somebody.
- Clip a pen to an inside pocket so you can always find it
- Use them to hang pictures or postcards on a string.
- Combine them with thrifted frames to make a simple gallery wall for your children’s art.
- Hang a tag from one for an easy label for photo albums.
- Use them to make baby bib clips.
- Store games and children’s activities in ziplock bags and hang them from a towel bar using binder clips.
- Use them to make a smartphone amplifying speaker out of a Pringles can. Seriously!
What did I miss? Do you have a favorite way to use binder clips around the house?
Thanks so much for visiting The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking.