Did you know that there are people out there who have entire rooms devoted to gift wrap?
I’m not making this up. I don’t know about you, but I don’t have any extra rooms. Or closets. Or for that matter, square footage at all.
Our gift wrap station is the bottom drawer of our bedroom dresser because that drawer is broken and can’t hold the weight of our clothing.
If you don’t have a wonky pain-in-the-butt drawer that falls off its tracks every time you put a pair of jeans in it, you could create a gift wrap station in an under-bed storage bin, or cabinet in the laundry room, or just a section of one of your closets.
I lined the drawer with some pretty green shelf paper I already had and I cut and painted a strip of plywood to go the length of the drawer to act as a divider to keep the rolls of wrapping paper from rolling around.
I bought what I think was probably once a knick-knack shelf from the local thrift store for fifty cents, painted it black and laid it flat in the drawer to hold all my little supplies like bows, tags, tape and stamps.
I keep cards in a basket and ribbons in a repurposed bread pan.
Gift bags are gently bent in half (not creased!) and placed in a wire letter sorting rack (which I also purchased at a thrift store for fifty cents)
A well-organized and visually pleasing gift wrap station transforms the act of wrapping into a joyful experience.
I find that wrapping gifts is so much more fun when you have everything you need right at your fingertips!
What do you think?
- How to Organize Your Kitchen Pantry
- How to Organize Laundry Room
- How to Organize Your Underwear Drawer
- How to Organize Your Recipes
Some tips for keeping a neat and tidy gift wrap station:
- Don’t keep every gift bag you come across. Only keep the ones that you would have bought and are still in perfect condition. I used to keep every gift bag we were given, but eventually, I had to come to terms with the fact that we would never use a dozen wrinkled gift bags with pictures of kittens on them.
- Arrange everything so that you can see it. Rummaging through piles of supplies is bound to damage them over time, but also cause you to leave the station untidy when you are in a hurry.
- Make it pretty. Pretty spaces are so much easier to keep clean!
How do you store your gift-wrapping supplies?