March 17, 2011
Cleaning Mini Blinds
I remember when I was a child being fascinated by a funny little dusting tool my mother had for her mini blinds. It had little fluffy fingers and you would run the fingers along the slats of the mini blinds to dust them. I also remember wondering what exactly the point was, weren't we just tossing the dust back up into the air?
Every once in a while I will take a damp cloth and wipe down my mini blinds to catch some of the dust, and then remember oh yeah...that doesn't work. The cloth just pushes the dust around so that it clumps and looks even worse than it did before!
Here is how to clean you mini blinds so that they are actually clean!
1. Take them down and place them in your bathtub.
2. Run warm water and add a couple big squeezes of dish soap and about a cup of vinegar.
3. Fill just until the water level comes up over the mini blinds.
4. Give blinds a swish around the sudsy tub and then let soak for one hour.
5. Come back, swish some more, and drain tub. Rinse with clean water to remove soap residue.
6. Give the blinds a gentle shake to remove some water, hang them back up and let them dry.
7. Wasn't that easy?
filed under: cleaning